Wisconsin Football officially released their 2018 spring roster Monday ahead of their 15 scheduled spring practices.
As with any roster release, there are inevitably newcomers to get acquainted with, as well as some old faces stepping up in new positions. Listed below are new names to know before the season kicks off this fall.
- WR Aron Cruickshank (No. 11)
- CB Donte Burton (No. 4)
- S Reggie Pearson (No. 19)
- WR Taj Mustapha (No. 81)
- NT Bryson Williams (No. 91)
There are only a handful of position changes to account for this spring.
- Jake Collinsworth moves to FB from ILB
- Paul Jackson moves to OLB from WR
- Deron Harrell moves to CB from WR
- Arrington Farrar moves to OLB from ILB
- Garrett Rand listed as DE
Seniors from the 2017 season are still listed on the roster and will be present for spring practices regardless of their status next season. Notable omissions from the roster are those player who’ve declared for the NFL draft, including Troy Fumagalli, Nick Nelson and Derrick Tindal.
Spring practices kicked off this morning and will continue for the next few weeks. Stay tuned for updates and observations from this year’s up-and-coming squad.