This morning, Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy addressed the media for the first time in 2016.
Players reported at 5:30 this morning to officially kick off the 2016 football season. Training camp practice officially begins tomorrow.
McCarthy did not detail much, but here’s what you should know.
1. McCarthy did not have an injury update, which many were wondering about Jordy Nelson.
2. Former Packers WR Greg Jennings retired Monday. Despite his shaky divorce with the Packers, McCarthy praised his career.
3. McCarthy addressed the HGH investigation into Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers. The NFL cleared former QB Peyton Manning of any wrongdoing on Monday morning.
4. McCarthy said Aaron Rodgers is in the best shape of his career.
5. Nelson was brought up again later in the press conference.